I've already posted this on the Signs of the day of judgement post, but I thought I'd put the Minor signs back up and see which have already happened...
The Minor Signs:
· The disappearance of knowledge and the appearance of ignorance (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Ahmad)-umm I'll say one thing, "Do you wear that thing on your head in the shower?!" how many of us has heard that?
· Books/writing will be widespread and (religious) knowledge will be low (Ahmad)-Definetley, books are everywhere and yet people are slowly letting go of their religion.
· Adultery and fornication will be prevalent (The Prophet, peace be upon him, said that this has never happened without new diseases befalling the people, which their ancestors had not known.) (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Al-Haythami) -seriously now, isn't this like everywhere?
· When fornication becomes widespread among your leaders (The Prophet, peace be upon him, said that this will happen when the people stop forbidding evil) (Ibn Majah)-again, everywhere the whole concept of boyfriend/girlfriends where does it end up? usually with the girl getting pregenant. and are they married? of course NOT!
· Adultery and fornication will be performed in the open-hahhahaah No comments :p
· The consumption of intoxicants will be widespread (Bukhari & Muslim)-how many bars exist in your area?
· Killing, killing, killing (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Ahmad)-Oh the poor people of Gaza, Iraq, and the endless wars going on...
· The nations of the earth will gather against the Muslims like hungry people going to sit down to a table full of food. This will occur when the Muslims are large in number, but "like the foam of the sea".-hmmm bound to happen, I mean it's already started in Palestine.
· People will beat others with whips like the tails of oxen (Muslim)-slavery and people around the world
· The children will be filled with rage (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)-oh gosh, how true
· Children will be foul (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)-yelling and raising their voices to elders, disrespect you know...
· Women will conspire (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim) -hmmmmm
· Rain will be acidic or burning (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)- ever heard of acid rain?
· Children of fornication will become widespread or prevalent (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)-ugh
· When a trust becomes a means of making a profit (at-Tirmidhi, Al-Haythami) -oh yess how true.
· Gains will be shared out only among the rich, with no benefit to the poor (at-Tirmidhi)- isn't that how the world nowadays works?
· Paying zakat becomes a burden and miserliness becomes widespread; charity is given reluctantly (at-Tirmidhi & Al-Haythami) -of course....
· Miserliness will be thrown into the hearts of people (Bukhari) -already happened
· Episodes of sudden death will become widespread (Ahmad) -i don't know there are some cases where that's happened...
· There will be people who will be brethren in public but enemies in secret (He was asked how that would come about and replied, "Because they will have ulterior motives in their mutual dealings and at the same time will fear one another.") (at-Tirmidhi) -oh goodness how so so true.
· When a man obeys his wife and disobeys his mother; and treats his friend kindly while shunning his father (at-Tirmidhi) -how sad :( but it's reality
· When voices are raised in the mosques (at-Tirmidhi) -there have been FIGHTS in mosques let alone raised voices
· People will walk in the marketplace with their thighs exposed -hahahhahahhah blame the booty shorts and miniskirts
· Great distances will be traversed in short spans of time-airplanes, it takes like a day to go from one place to the other.
· The people of Iraq will recieve no food and no money due to oppression by the Romans (Europeans) (Muslim)-oppressed definetley and the romans maybe...
· People will hop between the clouds and the earth -what about skydiving?
· A tribulation will enter everyone’s home (Ahmad) -oh god yes
· The leader of a people will be the worst of them (at-Tirmidhi)-hahah stupid DICTATORS
· Leaders of people will be oppressors (Al-Haythami)-tell me about it!
· People will treat a man with respect out of fear for some evil he might do (at-Tirmidhi) -oh yess it'll take days to tell you of all the dictators that people respected out of fear.
· Men will begin to wear silk (at-Tirmidhi)-ohhhhh what can I say? Hasn't that happened!?
· Female singers and musical instruments will become popular (at-Tirmidhi) -NO way! *sarcasm* lol they're everywhere
· When singers become common (Al-Haythami)-again, they're everywhere!
· People will dance late into the night -nightclubs, etc...
· When the last ones of the Ummah begin to curse the first ones (at-Tirmidhi) -definetley already happened
· People will claim to follow the Qur'an but will reject hadith & sunnah (Abu Dawood)-already happened
· People will believe in the stars (Al-Haythami) -I wish I wish upon a star...
· People will reject al-Qadr (the Divine Decree of Destiny) (Al-Haythami)-how true
· Time will pass rapidly (Bukhari, Muslim, & Ahmad)-quoting my mom "It feels like yesterday when you were only 2 years old!"
· Good deeds will decrease (Bukhari) -The good deeds are goin' down
· Smog will appear over cities because of the evil that they are doing-hmmm?
· People will be carrying on with their trade, but their will only be a few trustworthy persons - oh yess
· Wealth will increase so much so that if a man were given 10,000, he would not be content with it (Ahmad & Bukhari) -how many people like that exist?
· A man will pass by a grave and wish that he was in their place (Bukhari) -*sigh*
· Earthquakes will increase (Bukhari & Muslim)-maybe, accroding to surveys and such..
· There will be attempts to make the deserts green -? maybe.
· The appearance of false messengers (30 dajjals) (Bukhari)-oh yess there are always people from Jehova's Witness claiming that another prohphet is coming/ already has come and also other religions.
· Women will be naked in spite of being dressed, these women will be led astray & will lead others astray (Muslim) -hahahhahahahh
· The conquest of Constantinople by the Muslims (Ahmad) -refer to the history, that's already happened.
· The conquest of India by the Muslims, just prior to the return of Jesus, son of Mary (peace be upon both of them)(Ahmad, an-Nisa'i, at-Tabarani, al-Hakim)-not yet...
· When people begin to compete with others in the construction of taller buildings (Bukhari)-haha blaim it on the sky scrapers.
· There will be a special greeting for the people of distinction (Ahmad) -yuppers
· The Euphrates will disclose a treasure (The Prophet, peace be upon him, said that whoever is present should not take anything from it) (Bukhari & Muslim)-not yet
· Two large groups, adhering to the same religious teaching will fight each other with large numbers of casualties (Bukhari & Muslim)-oh how true.
· Wild animals will be able to talk to humans (Ahmad)-not yet
· A man will leave his home and his thigh or hip will tell him what is happening back at his home (Ahmad)-not yet
· Years of deceit in which the truthful person will not be believed and the liar will be believed (Ahmad)-yes and still going on...
· Bearing false witness will become widespread (Al-Haythami & Ahmad)-definetley
· When men lie with men and women lie with women (Al-Haythami) -*shhh* it's called gay and lesbo
· Trade will become so widespread that a woman will be forced to help her husband in business (Ahmad) -hah already happened
· A woman will enter the workforce out of love for this world (Ahmad) yes yes and double yes
· Arrogance will increase in the earth (at-Tabarani, al-Hakim) oh yes
· Family ties will be cut (Ahmad) already happened
· There will be many women of child-bearing age who will no longer give birth. abultion
· There will be an abundance of food, much of which has no blessing in it. already happened
· People will refuse when offerred food. yes that's already happened· Men will begin to look like women and women will begin to look like men.-Hasn't it happened to you where you see a person and you can't tell if they're a boy or a girl?